Michael Jaksa concentrates his practice in representing injured workers, including medically-complex claims such as brain injuries and injuries to internal organs. He also represents hundreds of workers throughout the Northland poisoned by asbestos in asbestos products liability and negligence actions. Most of these clients worked in paper mills, iron mines, and the construction trades. Mike earned his way through college and Law School by working in the building trades. This work experience uniquely suits him for understanding issues related to construction and industrial sites, including the types and circumstances of toxic exposure that workers experience.
Mike was born and raised in International Falls where he presently resides with his wife Cynthia.
Areas of Practice
- Workers’ Compensation
- Work-Related Heart and Lung Conditions
- Asbestos Diseases/exposure
- Asbestos Caused Pleural Disease
- Asbestos-Related Lung Cancer
- Minnesota, 1982
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Koochiching County Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member